The guys kick off with a brief recap of last week, including the release of the Heart2Heart anthology, and what Jeff’s been up to with Camp NaNoWriMo and the Critical Lens class he just started taking. Jeff talks with author and podcaster Lauren Shippen about podcast fiction. Lauren’s written and produced several shows, going back to 2015 with The Bright Sessions, and she offers some guidance for authors who might be considering working in the podcast format.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode. Please note, these links include affiliate links for which we may make a small commission at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase.
- Heart2Heart: Charity Anthology Volume 4 by various authors on Amazon
- J. Thorn’s Author Success Mastermind website
- Romancing the Beat by Gwen Hayes on Amazon
- Jeff Adams Profile on NaNoWriMo
- Episode 247 – Inside “The Bright Sessions” Universe with Lauren Shippen on Big Gay Fiction Podcast
- Lauren Shippen: website | Twitter | Instagram
- The Bright Sessions website
- The AM Archives website
- The Passenger List website
- MARVELS podcast on Stitcher
- Atypical Artists website
- BBC Production of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams on Audible
- The Infinite Noise by Lauren Shippen on Amazon
- The Neon Darkness by Lauren Shippen on Amazon (pre-order through September 29, 2020)
- Love & Luck Podcast website
- The Two Princes on Spotify
- Gay Future Podcast website
- Big Gay Author Podcast Social Media:
- Jeff & Will’s Websites & Social Media:
Hey guys! I just found the podcast recently, and am trying to catch up so this question may be redundant, sorry. I was wondering if there are any specific online classes, seminars, etc. that you would recommend for someone wanting to write their first mm romance, or just first book in general? Love the show! Thanks!
Hi Chris! Great to hear from you and glad that you found us. It’s a great question and one that has answers scattered all over the podcast episodes, so it’s good to talk about it in one place. For someone getting started, there are a couple of resources we’d recommend. If you listened to episodes 47-50, you heard us break down Gwen Hayes’s “Romancing the Beats.” We find that book invaluable in writing romances. Also “2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love” by Rachel Aaron. In terms of a class, Jeff has taken and loved Rachael Herron’s 90 Days to Done class. He loves her teaching style and the way that class is run. We talk to Racahel in ep 25 about that class and you can get details on when she’s doing sign ups for it at http://rachaelherron.com/90daystodone/
Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions or topics you’d like us to cover!