The guys open with discussion of Jeff’s writing accomplishments this week–a manuscript turned in to the publisher, another manuscript through first draft and preparing to plot out three other novels. They also apologize to the video audience for the issues with episode 31’s video feed.
Jeff’s in the middle of reading Joe Okonkwo’s Jazz Moon and recommends people pick it up for pre-order. Jeff & Will briefly lament the upcoming closing of QUEERCentric Books.
Pop culture takes over as Will talks about Entertainment Weekly articles featuring newly out actor Colton Haynes and the lack of LGBTQ representation in super hero films. The glut of renewals and cancellations of some of their favorite shows are discussed before some quick recaps of Dancing with the Stars and The Voice, which are headed towards season finales on May 23. They also talk about Inside Out, which they’ve finally seen.
Brandilyn from Prism Book Alliance stops by to recommend a YA sci-fi series she’s into from R.G. Thomas. Then Justin Syde talks about the Gay Sex Positions Coloring Book and the upcoming Pride: A Coloring Book.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on iTunes, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Play Music, YouTube and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Jazz Moon by Joe Okonkwo for pre-order on Amazon
- “Colton Haynes gets honest about life after Arrow“ on EW.com
- Nyle on DWTS: Paso Doble (with silent section) | Argentine Tango (with same-sex partners) from YouTube
- Inside Out on Amazon
- From Brandilyn at Prism Book Alliance
- Prism Book Alliance website
- The Midnight Gardener (The Town of Superstition Book 1) by R.G. Thomas on Amazon
- The Well of Tears (The Town of Superstition Book 2) by R.G. Thomas for pre-order on Harmony Ink Press
- Harmony Ink Press website
- From Justin Syde interview
- Gay Sex Positions Coloring Book website
- Pride: A Coloring Book on GoFundMe
1) Loved this episode. It was a lot of fun.
2) The first 5 minutes of this is packed with awesome information. I’m really excited to have another Jeff Adams book to own/read.
3) I’m with Will on not seeing Somewhere in Time. Looking into this though I’m going to have to since I’m super in love with Christoper Reeves. (How did I miss this?)
4) Excellent job with the coloring Will.
Have a good week Jeff and Will!!!!
Thanks so much for the comment, Christina! Glad you loved this week’s show. Hope you’ll let us know what you think of Somewhere in Time once you’ve seen it.
Loved the episode! M/m book recommendations:
(1) the Red Dirt Heart series by NR Walker
(2) anything by TJ Klune, but especially the Lightning-Struck Heart and the Queen & the Homo-Jock King (sometimes I need a break from angst and want some sweetness and laugh-out-loud hilarity)
(3) Point Pleasant by Jen Archer Wood (an m/m romance with elements of horror; reminded me of a great X-Files episode)
(4) #Junkie and #Rev by Cambria Hebert (friends-to-lovers plus underground racing equals hot)
Yay, Anne! Thanks for the recs.
Hey Jeff & Will.
You’ve thrown several great rec’s my way so wanted to send a few back.
Books – I’m reading the Gin & Jazz series by Morticia Knight. I love 1920s Hollywood. How “expensive” everything is. ?
Podcast – I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale. It’s a radio announcer in a little town, where strange things happen, dragons, Angels, hooded figures, portals. For that little mm twist Cecil the announcer is obsessed with Carlos the scientist. I also love Romance Out Loud.
Can’t wait for what you guys have in store this week.
Thanks for dropping by, Katie! I’ve heard great things about Morticia’s books and they are on my TBR. “Night Vale” sounds fascinating. I’ll have to give that a listen.