It’s Banned Book Week and the guys start off with a reminder of the event The Novel Approach is hosting which they will be sharing on the podcast’s Twitter and Facebook feeds, as well as talking about the most challenged books of 2015.
Jeff talks about the revival of the musical Falsettos which begins on Broadway this week.
We visit Bea & Leah Koch, owners of The Ripped Bodice bookstore in Culver City, for an interview about how they started the only all-romance bookstore in the U.S. They also discuss how they stock the store, who their customers are, the events they have and much more.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, PlayerFM, YouTube and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Banned Book Week website
- Most Challenged Books of 2015 from Banned Book Week
- Banned Book Week on the Novel Approach (watch the site for special posts all week).
- Falsettos from Lincoln Center Theatre
- Falsettos 1992 Tony Awards performance on YouTube
- From Bea & Leah Koch at The Ripped Bodice
- The Ripped Bodice: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- The Ripped Bodice’s Kickstarter page at Kickstarter
- Out on Good Behavior by Dahlia Adler on Amazon
- Tessa Dare on Amazon
- Christina Lauren on Amazon
- Beverly Jenkins on Amazon
- Jenn Leblanc Release Party at The Ripped Bodice
- The Spare and The Heir: Calder (Lords of Time) by Jenn LeBlanc on Amazon (this is not the illustrated edition Jeff references in the podcast)
[h2]Big GRL Blog Tour Giveaway[/h2]
Use the Rafflecopter below to enter the Big GRL Blog Tour Giveaway. You can learn more about the prize, including the authors participating, on the official Big GRL Blog Tour Giveaway page.