Jeff & Will open with a NaNoWriMo update and how the first few days of the month have gone for their co-writing project. In addition, Jeff has news on the release date for Love’s Opening Night (December 28) and that Somewhere on Mackinac has gone into the editing phase. In addition, the novella Rivals has gone into produciton as an audio book for a December release.
Will unveils a new Top 5 segment. This week he looks at the top five best selling gay fiction titles in the Amazon U.S. store as of November 6.
Alicia Nordwell stops by to discuss her installment in Dreamspinner’s States of Love series called On Fire.
Will reviews three books: A Matchless Man by Ariel Tachna, The Senator’s Secret by K.C. Wells and Tight End by Devon McCormack. Jeff talks about two books: Romancing the Beat: Story Structure for Romance Novels and Don’t Stop Believing by Gwen Hayes.
The Fox TV presentation of The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s Do The Time Warp Again is also reviewed.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, PlayerFM, YouTube and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) website
- Jeff’s profile at NaNoWriMo website
- Top 5 Gay Fiction on Amazon for November 6, 2016
- Cold Turkey by Hayden Hunt on Amazon
- Ricky by Ashley John on Amazon
- Double Dealing: A Marriage of Inconvenience: An Arranged Marriage by Nicole Colville on Amazon
- Wrecked by Sierra Riley on Amazon
- Husband to Make a Family by Devyn Morgan on Amazon
- On Fire by Alicia Nordwell on Amazon
- States of Love series on Dreamspinner Press
- Will’s Book Reviews:
- A Matchless Man by Ariel Tachna on Amazon
- The Senator’s Secret by K.C. Wells on Amazon
- Tight End by Devon McCormack on Amazon
- Jeff’s Book Reviews
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s Do The Time Warp Again on Fox
Will, are you reading the top 5 on your Amazon list? Curious if you are using it to find new books? I use your podcast to find new stuff and I can’t wait to read Tight End! I also ordered Romancing the Beat. I haven’t written anything in years and maybe this will get me back to it. Thanks!
Hi Patty! Currently neither of us are reading the top 5. We added the segment to the show as a way to show what was popular in the moment. That said, some titles have gone on to our TBR lists (Jeff wants the #Junkie book that was mentioned in episode 58). And since the Top 5 list will change up weekly, jumping between genres, it’s a a great window into what people are reading (or at least downloading) in a given week.
And I hope you like Tight End, as you know I LOVED it! Good luck with Romancing the Beat too. It’s a fun read and inspirational. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets your creativity going.