Jeff and Will start off by wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah week.
Jeff talks about the upcoming Love’s Opening Night release and the blog tour that begins on December 21. He also discusses starting edits for Somewhere on Mackinac, which will release in the spring. Next he offers up a sample of the recently released audiobook Rivals and then announces a giveaway for two podcast listeners two win a Rivals audiobook/ebook combo. The winners from the recent Holiday Paranormal Paperback Giveaway are announced.
Will reviews the three Dreamspun Desires books he recently finished–Seven Card Stud by Ava Drake, Catching Heir by Julia Talbot, Striking Sparks by Ari McKay–as well as recaps the line’s first year. Jeff then reviews A Faithful Son by Michael Scott Garvin and Save of the Game by Avon Gale. The guys also discuss their recently purchased coffee tablebooks from Michael Stokes, Invictus and Adonis Blue.
Jay from Joyfully Jay stops by with a look at some of her favorites from 2016 as well as holiday book recommendation.
Jeff & Will chime in with additional holiday reviews for the books Daddy Kissing Santa Claus by Max Walker and Foxe Den by Haley Walsh (with an audio performance from Joel Leslie) and the holiday film Shared Rooms. Will closes out the show talking about the phenom that is Yuri on Ice.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, PlayerFM, YouTube and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Love’s Opening Night by Jeff Adams on Amazon
- Love’s Opening Night blog tour schedule on JeffAdamsWrites.com
- Rivals by Jeff Adams on Amazon
- Seven Card Stud by Ava Drake on Amazon
- Catching Heir by Julia Talbot on Amazon
- Striking Sparks by Ari McKay on Amazon
- Dreamspun Desires series on Amazon
- A Faithful Son by Michael Scott Garvin on Amazon
- A Faithful Son by Michael Scott Garvin review on JeffAndWill.com
- Save of the Game by Avon Gale on Amazon
- Save of the Game by Avon Gale review on JeffAndWill.com
- Invictus by Michael Stokes on Amazon
- Adonis Blue by Michael Stokes on Amazon
- Joyfully Jay Recommendations
- Joyfully Jay website
- Favorite Book Lists: Holiday Stories on Joyfully Jay
- Veronica’s Best of 2016 on Joyfully Jay
- Kenna’s Best of 2016 on Joyfully Jay
- Kris’ Best of 2016 on Joyfully Jay
- Jay’s Best of 2016 on Joyfully Jay
- Best Covers of 2016 on Joyfully Jay
- The Lightning-Struck Heart by TJ Klune, Narrated by Michael Lesley on Amazon
- The Lightning-Struck Heart review on Joyfully Jay
- The Queen and the Homo Jock King by TJ Klune, Narrated by Michael Lesley on Amazon
- The Queen and the Homo Jock King review on Joyfully Jay
- His Royal Secret by Lilah Pace on Amazon
- His Royal Favorite by Lilah Pace on Amazon
- His Royal Secret/His Royal Favorite review on Joyfully Jay
- The Soldier’s Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian on Amazon
- The Solider’s Scoundrel review on Joyfully Jay
- Scrudge & Barley Inc. by John Inman on Amazon
- Scrudge & Barley Inc. review on Joyfully Jay
- Once in a Snowstorm by Ofelia Grand on Amazon
- Once in a Snowstorm review on Joyfully Jay
- Angel Voices by Rowan Speedwell on Amazon
- Angel Voices review on Joyfully Jay
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles by Eli Easton on Amazon
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles review on Joyfully Jay
- Santa Baby by Heidi Cullinan on Amazon
- Santa Baby review on Joyfully Jay
- Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert on Amazon
- Wrapped Together review on Joyfully Jay
- Daddy Kissing Santa Claus by Max Walker on Amazon
- Foxe Den by Haley Walsh, performed by Joel Leslie on Amazon
- Foxe Den by Haley Walsh, performed by Joel Leslie review on JeffAndWill.com
- Shared Rooms streaming on Amazon Video
- Yuri on Ice on Crunchyroll
[h2]Rivals Ebook/Audiobook Combo Giveaway[/h2]
a Rafflecopter giveaway
My favourite M/M read of 2016 was TJ Klune’s Wolfsong because I cried and then smiled until my cheeks hurt and then cried and then laughed and then cried, and then closed it and immediately got online to find out when the next book would be coming out, and cried again because I have to wait until 2018. Boo hoo.
I need to read/listen to Wolfsong. I’ve got the audiobook in my Audible queue and just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. I’ve got to drive to San Francisco in mid January, I may do it then.
I stopped for food now don’t know what earth shattering idea I was getting ready to impart. OK so reading is much more safer…
Hi there! The Ari half of Ari McKay here! I just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful review of Striking Sparks! We are so glad you enjoyed it, Will, and we’re really pleased that you got the message we were trying to convey!
I will be the Dreamspinner author get-together in March, and if you’re there I hope to get to meet you both!
All the best,
Hi Ari! Will and I will be at the Dreamspinner conference. Look forward to meeting you there!
Hey guys, already got (and loved) Rivals, so just commenting for fun. I’ve read like 18 holiday books so far, several you have mentioned. Fortunate Blizzard and Santa Baby were great. Some that haven’t been mentioned ‘Tis the Season by Alex Jane, Saving Jason by KC Wells and the Memory series (3 of them take place at Christmas) by Max Vos are amazing.
Hi Katie! So glad to hear you like Rivals! And love that you’re commmenting.
Thanks for the additional holiday reads. We will have to check those out.
Does it need to be a book that was published in 2016 or just one that we read in 2016?
Favorite read in 2016: Charlie Cochet’s THIRDs series: Hell & High Water (THIRDS, Book 1), Blood & Thunder (THIRDS Book 2), Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, Book 3), Rise & Fall (THIRDS, Book 4), Against the Grain (THIRDS, Book 5), Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, Book 6), Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, Book 7). Started with the ebook, then discovered the audio. Read the entire series in a week.
Favorite read in 2016 that was published in 2016: Avon Gale’s Power Play. In my top 5 list of m/m is her Breakaway (Scoring Chances #1) but it looks like I read that Dec 25 last year. I’m looking forward to her interview
( you are a fan of Derricks narration for TJ Klune’s book how to be a normal person)
I need to get the THIRDS books. I keep hearing good things about them. As you know from the show, I love Avon’s Scoring Chances series too. The interview was a lot of fun. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it. And make sure you pick up “Whisky Business” when it comes out on Dec 28. There’s no hockey in it, but it’s a wonderful story.
And I usually go with books I read in the year–it’s easier than keeping up with when a book with published. 🙂
OMG Scoring Changes!! I love that series! I loved the last book and can’t wait to hear next weeks podcast!
Right!!! It’s a great series. I’m looking forward to getting into the next two books before she releases book 5 in 2017. I hope you enjoy the interview. I had a great time talking to her.
Oh wow there are sooo many but one of my favorites was Knight of Ocean Avenue by Tara Lain. It was fun, romantic and oh so sexy. Loved it!
I will have to look that one up! Thanks for the recommendation.