I’m a major Dancing with the Stars fan and am psyched the show is returning in a month (March 19). The stars were just announced this morning on Good Morning America. Here’s a look at the new lineup:
- Laila Ali: Daughter of Muhammad Ali, and a boxer in her own right as well.
- Billy Ray Cryus: Country singer/actor
- Heather Mills: Model and recently separated from Paul McCartney.
- Clyde Drexler : Former NBA player for the Houston Rockets.
- Joey Fatone: N’Sync member and actor.
- Shandi Finnessey: Miss USA 2004.
- Leeza Gibbons: Talkshow host.
- Apolo Anton Ohno: Olympic medal winning speed skater
- Paulina Porizkova: Model, most notably Sports Illustrated swimsuit covergirl in 1984 and 1985.
- Vincent Pastore: The Sopranos actor.
- Ian Ziering: Beverly Hills 90210 actor.
Unfortunately the announcement of the stars (at least via the web) didn’t list who the stars are partnered with. I recorded GMA this morning, so maybe I’ll find that out when I get home tonight. I’m putting my early bet on Ohno because of his athletic abilities. We’ll see how well that prediction holds up after the first night of competition on the 19th.
My only complaint about the new season: Why does it have to be on Monday night? Already so much to watch with Prison Break, Wildfire, Heroes, 24 and What About Brian. Oh well, there’s always room for a little dancing!