Well, my excitement from earlier this morning is a little tempered now. Good Morning America had the announcement of the new lineup for Dancing with the Stars and I’m less than impressed. Here’s who we get to watch dance:
- Melanie Brown, also known as Scary Spice, is partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. If she’s on tour with the Spice Girls, how is she doing this?
- Sabrina Bryan of Disney’s Cheetah Girls is partnered with new professional partner Mark Ballas.
- Helio Castroneves, two-time Indianapolis 500 winner, dances with Julianne Hough, who helped Apolo Anton Ohno win last season.
- Mark Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, has Kym Johnson is his partner.
- Jennie Garth from Beverly Hills, 90210 is paired with another new professional, Derek Hough (Julianne’s brother).
- Josie Maran (Van Helsing) teams with season one champion Alec Mazo.
- Cameron Mathison from All My Children partners with Edyta Sliwinska, who has been on every season of the show.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr, who’s undefeated in 38 pro fights and is the current WBC welterweight champion of the world, joins up with Karina Smirnoff.
- “Mr. Las Vegas” Wayne Newton dances with two-time champ Cheryl Burke.
- Marie Osmond teams up with Jonathan Roberts (excellent to see Jonathan back… hopefully he’s got his chest hair back that he was forced to shave off last season).
- Albert Reed, a model and former competitive surfer, is partnered with Anna Trebunskaya.
- Jane Seymour, Dr. Quinn herself is with Tony Dovolani.
Looking across these folks, there’s no one person I can say “It’s so cool _____ is doing the show.” Among the women, it will be interesting to see Jane, Marie and Jennie. Sadly, at least at this point, none of the men excite me at all (and none of them seem particularly hot either… which is a bummer). I’ll say know I’d like to see Marie win if only so Jonathan stays on the show the whole run.