Last night, during Dance War, the new Dancing With the Stars cast was announced. This morning the professional pairings were announced on Good Morning America. Here’s who will be in the ballroom starting Monday, March 17:
- Adam Carolla: A former MTV host (Loveline) and currently a nationally syndicated radio host. Partner: Julianne Hough.
- Cristian de la Fuente: An international film and television star who has appeared on CSI Miami, Ugly Betty and Psych. Partner: Cheryl Burke.
- Shannon Elizabeth: Actress/model/professional poker player who has appeared in American Pie and Scary Movie. Partner: Derek Hough.
- Steve Guttenberg: An actor whose credits include the Police Academy movies and Three Men and a Baby.. Partner: Anna Trebunskaya.
- Mario: A 21-year-old multi-platinum R&B recording artist who was also in the film Step Up. Partner: Karina Smirnoff.
- Marlee Matlin: An Oscar winning actress for her role in Children of a Lesser God. She currently appears in Nip/Tuck and The L Word Partner: DWTS newcomer Fabian Sanchez.
- Penn Jillette: One half of the Penn & Teller team and creator of the Showtime series Penn & Teller: Bulls**t. Partner: Kym Johnson
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis’ former wife and actress. Partner: Louis van Amstel.
- Monica Seles: A championship tennis player. Partner: Jonathan Roberts.
- Jason Taylor: This year’s NFL Man of the Year. He plays for the Miami Dolphins. Partner: Edyta Sliwinska.
- Marissa Jaret Winokur: A Tony Award winner for her Broadway debut as Tracy Turnblad in Hairspray. She also appeared on the Fox sitcom Stacked. Partner: Tony Dovolani.
- Kristi Yamaguchi: A gold medal winning figure skater.Partner: Mark Ballas.
The report from last week got part of the lineup wrong, since Sean Hayes isn’t listed here. This looks like a good crop of stars. My pick, having not seen any dancing yet, is for Kristi Yamaguchi to walk away with the mirror ball come May. Apolo Anton Ohno showed how Olympians compete and she already dances intricate choreography on skates. My guess is that will translate well to the ballroom. I also think Winokur, Mario and Taylor are pretty serious contenders here.
Next up for the celebs… they meet their partners for the first time Thursday on Oprah.