Jeff & Will kick off the episode with updates on writing and moving.
A shout out is given to Cupid Strikes Again Free Male/Male romance stories available from February 11-18 from authors including Garett Groves, Piper Scott, Amy Tasukada, Kiki Burrelli, Alex Miska, Lucy Lennox, and others. GayRomLit registration is also discussed as it comes up on Saturday, February 17.
Will reviews Fortune’s Slings & Cupid’s Arrows by Ari McKay. Jeff reviews Down on the Farm and The Past Comes Home, both by Silvia Violet with narration by Greg Boudreaux. The guys also discuss the films Call Me By Your Name and God’s Own Country.
V.L. Locey and RJ Scott stop by to talk about Poke Check, the latest in the Harrisburg Railers series. They also discuss how they become co-writers, what’s coming next for them both and give an update on the Changing On The Fly charity anthology.
Remember, you can listen and subscribe to the podcast anytime on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher, PlayerFM, YouTube and audio file download.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Schooled (Codename: Winger #2) by Jeff Adams on Harmony Ink Press (pre-order through May 1)
- Cupid Strikes Again: Free m/m Second Chance Romances at Gay Romance Deals (Feb 11-18)
- GayRomLit website
- Big Gay Fiction Podcast on Patreon.com
- Big Gay Fiction Podcast patrons on BGFP website
- The Hockey Player’s Heart by Jeff Adams & Will Knauss on Amazon
- Fortune Swings & Cupid’s Arrows by Ari McKay on Amazon
- Lawyers in Love (paperback collection) by Ari McKay on Dreamspinner Press (pre-order through March 9)
- Down on the Farm by Silva Violet, Narrated by Greg Boudreaux on Amazon
- The Past Comes Home by Silva Violet, Narrated by Greg Boudreaux on Amazon
- Tied to Home by Silva Violet on Amazon
- Call Me By Your Name on Amazon
- God’s Own Country on Amazon
- V.L. Locey & RJ Scott Interview
- V.L. Locey: website | Facebook | Twitter | Pintrest | Amazon
- RJ Scott: website | Facebook | Twitter | Pintrest | Amazon
- Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers #4) by V.L. Locey and RJ Scott on Amazon
- The Harrisburg Railers series by V.L. Locey and RJ Scott on Amazon
- Point Shot Trilogy by V.L. Locey on Amazon
- Coach’s Challenge by V.L. Locey on Amazon
- HockeyRomance.com website
- Changing on the Fly: The Second Period by Jeff Adams, Heather Lire, V.L. Locey, RJ Scott on Amazon
- Episode 108 – Heather Lire, V.L. Locey & RJ Scott talk Changing on the Fly: The Second Period & More on BigGayFictionPodcast.com
- Winter Cowboy (Whisper Ridge, Wyoming #1) by RJ Scott on website (coming February 28)
That was quite a rant re: Valentine’s Day, but each to their own. 🙂 I enjoyed the interview with V.L. Locey and R.J. Scott. I understand hockey reasonably well. My brother is a big fan of the Rangers, though he grew up mostly in southeastern Pennsylvania. That choice of team was influenced by a cool uncle who grew up in New York. My brother has worn his Rangers jersey to Flyers games, which I thought was foolhardy of him. One game we went to was the Flyers vs. the Islanders. I asked my brother who he was rooting for, and he said, “I’m just sorry they can’t both lose.” I’ll look up some of those other books you mentioned. I’ve read several of Silvia Violet’s books. Good luck with your move! 🙂
Your brother is a brave man. I’ve never had the courage to wear an opposing team’s gear like that, especially where the rivalry runs deep like the Rangers/Flyers. I do relate to the “I’m just sorry they can’t both lose” concept though. 🙂
Hope you find some more good books in our recommendations!
No comment, just wanted to sign up for your newsletter and couldn’t find another way. I love your podcast, keep it up!
Glad you’re enjoying the podcast.
I’m afraid we don’t currently have a newsletter (apologies we forgot to take out the checkbox on the comments). We may have one again in the future and, if we do we’ll mention it on the show.